ABOUT JAZZ ASSOCIATION (SINGAPORE)
Jazz Association (Singapore) was incorporated in September 2016 as the Singapore Jazz Foundation Limited, and attained Charity status in March 2017. It was founded by Singaporean musician and music educator Jeremy Monteiro, together with jazz enthusiasts who serve on the board, to promote the participation, engagement and excellence of jazz in Singapore. Singapore Ambassador-at-Large Professor Tommy Koh serves as its Patron.
JASS attained the status of an Institution of a Public Character (IPC) on 23 November 2018. Hence, qualifying donations through table purchase and outright cash donations will qualify for 250% tax deduction.
For more information on Jazz Association (Singapore) please visit our main website here.
VISION AND MISSION
JASS’ vision is to be a centre of excellence for jazz performance in Singapore, to bring the joy of jazz to people from all walks of life and to all corners of Singapore, and to make Singapore a leading jazz city of the world.
JASS’ mission is to play a strong part in lifting the Singapore jazz scene to new heights by:
- Forming a core pool of distinguished local jazz musicians.
- Leveraging on jazz music to promote interaction and cohesion among our diverse communities across all segments of society including the underserved.
- Helping to bridge the needs of the audience with those of jazz practitioners and other arts groups.
- Making Singapore a nexus for collaborations between Singaporeans and international jazz musicians.
- Making Singapore a vibrant city for jazz for Singaporeans, residents and visitors alike.